Every exercise enthusiast knows the importance of hydration. Runners, cyclists, swimmers, jumpers, throwers, divers, lifters—they’re always prepared with a water bottle or sports drink for a boost of fluids and electrolytes an hour or two before an intense practice or competition.
When you hydrate with water and sports drinks, your digestive system doesn’t absorb all of the fluids and nutrients. Your stomach might even bloat.
On the other hand, IV hydration therapy, bypasses the stomach and sends the fluids and nutrients directly through your bloodstream so they absorb faster and more effectively that you need for your best performance. After your event, come back to decrease your recovery time and promote muscle recovery with our collagen producing sodium ascorbate IV.
Our Beast Mode IV Cocktail (Athlete Prep and Recovery) will:
- Replenish vitamins, electrolytes, and fluid lost during strenuous workouts
- Increase energy
- Improve mental focus
- Decrease incidents of muscle spasms
- Boost immune system
- Aid in the synthesis of collagen (found in tendons and ligaments)
As the first IV hydration clinic in West and Central Alabama, revIVe is creating quite a buzz. We were recently featured on WVUA-23 ahead of our grand opening celebration.
As seen on WVUA23.
Ever wondered why the morning-after effects following a night of revelry really take the life out of you? The science behind why hangovers occur is still young, but here are a few facts you may not have known.
Symptoms & Signs
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound
- Redness of the eyes
- Muscle aches
- Increased blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeat
- Mood disturbances including depression, anxiety, and irritability
Poorer Performance with a Hangover
- Reduced focus
- Decreased mental endurance
- Decreased mechanical accuracy
- Impaired abilities while operating machinery, high-pressure decision-making, and with mental math
- Decreased ADH-Hormonal Secretion
- 1L of fluid loss per 4 drinks
- Excessive sweating
Liver & Stomach Effects
- Toxic to the lining of the stomach
- Increases pancreatic and intestinal acid secretion
- Can cause gastroenteritis
- Can Causes build up of fat compounds in liver cells, aka “fatty liver”
Low Blood Sugar
- Lactic acid build-up from alcohol breakdown causes low blood sugar
- The brain is very sensitive to low sugar states this results in feelings of fatigue, weakness, and mood disturbances
- Vasodilation of blood vessels in the brain
- Changes levels of hormones such as histamines, serotonin, and prostaglandins
- This results in throbbing headache
Interference with Sleep
- Decreases the cycles of high quality, dream-state sleep, the kind that provides rest
- Increases slow-wave, deep sleep
- Causes snoring and sleep apnea, prolonged states of no breathing during sleep