Just like the food you eat, pills require digestion, absorption, and assimilation. Pharmaceutical grade nutrients are considerably more bioavailable than vitamin pills or capsules. Sublingual preparations, nasal sprays, and patches act quicker than swallowing pills, but dosages found in these forms are low.
Like direct deposit when banking, nutrients given by intramuscular injections (IM) or IV go straight into the blood stream. Once in the blood, nutrient levels go up fast and achieve considerably higher levels in the serum than pills or capsules.
For example, when taken orally, vitamin C levels in the serum go up only as high as about 9mg/dL. When given by IV, 50g of vitamin C reaches blood levels as high as 80mg/dL.
In fact, blood levels of IV vitamin C go so high that LabCorp developed a special test calculation called “Vitamin C With Dilution” to accommodate for the difference between oral and IV administration.
Several studies show that high concentrations of Vitamin C are required in the serum and intracellular fluid before it can exert a beneficial effect. For example, only when vitamin C levels are pushed very high can it exert pharmacological effects against viruses, cancer, and other conditions.
Advantages of Intravenous Vitamin Therapy:
- Nutrient levels in the blood go up fast.
- Nutrients get delivered directly to cells through the bloodstream.
- No gastrointestinal side effects like cramps, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Allows for high-dose therapy necessary for effective treatment for certain conditions.
- Allows for customizing formula ingredients and dosages for individual conditions.
Migraine sufferers know the signs. Whether it begins with a throbbing headache, nausea, sensitivity to light or spans of aura, a migraine can quickly escalate and derail your day (and for some, even longer).
Frequent migraine suffers probably also know their triggers. Any number of deviations from your daily routine can set off a migraine – missing a meal, skimping on sleep or overdoing the alcohol or caffeine. And of course there are things completely out your control like stress, weather changes and travel that can trigger a migraine and what often seems the most inconvenient of times.
But the root causes of migraines aren’t understood, though research continues to explore various factors that play a role including heredity and the trigeminal nerve. Without a universally effective treatment, migraine sufferers are left navigating a hodgepodge of options. This often leads to a “try it ’til you find it” approach.
Many patients make changes to their diets and sleeping patterns in addition to regimenting a revolving door of medications to find the right combination that will stave off their headaches. Within the past several years, ancient approaches such as acupuncture have made a comeback, while new treatments and technologies are being marketed for migraine relief, such as Botox.
And now, a growing body of research has supported intravenous vitamin therapy as an effective treatment for migraine relief. Infusing critical vitamins and medicines directly into the bloodstream can stop acute migraines in their tracks, offering patients near-immediate relief from their symptoms. Chronic or frequent sufferers are also finding relief in ongoing treatments plans.
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that keeps your nerves and red blood cells healthy. It is responsible for the smooth functioning of several critical body processes.
It is possible for the body to develop a vitamin B12 deficiency. This deficiency is usually reported with symptoms of fatigue.
Strict vegetarians, heavy drinkers and smokers, pregnant and breast-feeding women, and the elderly usually require vitamin B12 supplements. Sometimes our body, mainly our digestive system, is not able to absorb this vitamin well. This can happen when a person has pernicious anemia, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, bacteria growth in the small intestine, or a parasite. People suffering from these conditions may need vitamin B12 supplements as well.
The top 5 health benefits of vitamin B 12 are:
- It is needed to convert carbohydrates into glucose in the body, thus leading to energy production and a decrease in fatigue and lethargy in the body.
- It helps in healthy regulation of the nervous system, reducing depression, stress, and brain shrinkage.
- It helps maintain a healthy digestive system. Vitamin B12 also protects against heart disease by curbing and improving unhealthy cholesterol levels, protecting against stroke, and high blood pressure.
- It is essential for healthy skin, hair, and nails. It helps in cell reproduction and constant renewal of the skin.
- Vitamin B 12 helps protect against cancers including breast, colon, lung and prostrate cancer.
Intravenous (IV) Vitamin Drips deliver vitamins, minerals and amino acids directly to the body for maximum absorption. This allows the nutrients to flood your body and nourish itself at the cellular level. By using this method we can safely deliver larger doses that would not otherwise be tolerated orally.
IV vitamin drips can be used both proactively to maintain optimum wellness and also to treat acute and chronic conditions.
Some of the specific benefits people may experience include:
- Increases Energy & Improves Metabolic Functions
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Decreases Homocysteine Levels
- Improves Mood & Decreases Anxiety
- Treats Chronic Pain & Headaches
- Cures Digestive Issues Like IBS
- Strengthens Immune System
- Supports Healthy Sleep Patterns
- May Cure Erectile Dysfunction
- Lessens the Symptoms Associated with Allergies, Diabetes, Asthma, PMS & Cancer